You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
3.4 Update Help #1
Richard Ng's picture
by Richard Ng
September 26, 2012 - 11:58am

I have been reading the posts with regards to Aperture not starting after 3.4 update. I understand that the fix is to simply reinstall Aperture. I have looked and the only original install discs i can find are the Version 1.5 and Aperture 2. I am not sure but would the other updates for Aperture have been software updates from system preferences? I am stuck. How should i proceed from here? I have been down on my desktop and laptop for 3 days now. I cant believe Apple didnt get a fix out immediately.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 26, 2012 - 12:30pm

Richard,

Follow this Apple Support Article on how to reinstall Aperture. If you can’t find your original DVD then use the section on how to install using the Aperture 3.1 Trial. A link is provided there to download the trial DMG. If Aperture was already authorized on your Mac you shouldn’t need to enter the S/N again. Because you had a real S/N, the trial will recognize it and turn into the full version. Be sure to follow the instructions to update to Aperture 3.4 once the trial is installed. Do this before trying to open Aperture again.

Thomas

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
September 28, 2012 - 10:56am

I finally had time to re-install Aperture. After installing it via DVD, I upgraded to 3.4 and all seems fine so far. I didn’t even have to install my Nik plug-ins. They were all there!

Bob

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness