You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
External Editor settings for PSE 12? #1
Mary D's picture
by Mary D
January 4, 2014 - 6:54am

I installed PSE 12 yesterday and am going to start playing with it today - it’s my first time using PSE and could use some tips on what settings to use. Right now I have my external editor set to TIFF, 8-Bit, sRGB, and 300 dpi. Is this the optimum in settings? Advantages to other settings?

Also, when I went to choose my external editor, in Apps I had PSE Organizer, and if I dug a little deeper, PSE Editor. I chose Editor. Was this the correct choice for editing when using Aperture? Is Organizer something I’d ever use? I use a managed library.

I am on the steepest part of the learning curve w/ PSE possible, so all help is appreciated! Thanks.

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
January 4, 2014 - 8:03am

I’m using PS CC as an external editor, and use TIFF at 16bit, ProPhotoRGB.  The reason for 16bit is it gives a broader range of colors (16.8 million vs 256 for 8bit).  ProPhotoRGB has a wider color gamut than sRGB.  

If you processing images JUST for the web, then your settings are fine.  If you plan on printing any of your images, then using settings that give a wider color gamut make sense.

Mary D's picture
by Mary D
January 4, 2014 - 10:13am

Good tip.

Does anyone know the best way to get from Aperture to PSE? I went Photos>Edit w/ External Editor, and all Aperture did was make a copy in my stack and open up PSE. I ended up dragging the photo into the PSE icon to start, but now I’m wondering if I end up with an edit I like, how do I get it BACK to Aperture?

Mary D's picture
by Mary D
January 4, 2014 - 3:15pm

Found the answer to my question at Apple.com - it’s one of the preferences for saving (overwrite original, I think it was) in PSE.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness