24 - 35 mm focal length: 1571
… and so on.

Does this mean:
0 - 23
24 - 35

or does it mean:
0 - 24
25 - 35

In other words: in which row are the 24 mm lenses counted?

(2) Camera statistic

There is obviously an error in the whole statistic.None of the results in the camera statistic is equal to the results I get filtering within Aperture.

Examples according Aperture Inspector:
M8 Digital Camera: 6289 images
Canon EOS 20D: 2264 images

Results filtering within Aperture:
M8 Digital Camera: 15.720 images
Canon EOS 20D: 5.780 images

It seems that just a part of the images are counted by Aperture Inspector. I found nothing in the preferences or the filters that my lead to this result.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Stig Bordsenius's picture
by Stig Bordsenius
May 2, 2012 - 9:03pm

Hi

I’ll try to answer your questions as good as I can.

1)
I have checked this out, and there is a fault here as you have pointed out. The current version of the app includes both numbers, not just one of them. This is not correct, and I’ll fix it in the next version. Thank you for pointing this out!

2)
Aperture Inspector reads the aperture database directly, and the numbers are based on this. It does not count edited pictures as two images, aperture stores one single image as 2 or more if they have been modified. I do not know why the numbers you get are this much off the mark - we have done extensive testing and managed to remove a lot of “false” idtentifications of images. But all previous problems have been that we get too many images, not too few.

If you could send me the datafile from your aperture library I might be able to figure this out. It is inside the aperture library, if you right-click on it an select “show package contents” you can see it. Inside the folder called apdb there is a file called “Properties.apdb” . THis contains all the metadata for your pictures.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?