You are here

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lez Haul's picture
by Lez Haul
August 5, 2017 - 2:52am

Is there a way to ‘collapse’ a filter. i.e. click somewhere on the filter name and all the parameters get hidden? Click again and they are shown. Apps normally use a triangle icon for this.

I would like that.

Thanks Lez

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
August 5, 2017 - 7:49pm

Hi Lez - not today, but it’s definitely on our roadmap. Our Aurora HDR does it for instance.  Thanks for the “vote”! ;)  Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
August 14, 2017 - 6:53am

Duly noted! I’d like that too. ;)  Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

John Crowley's picture
by John Crowley
August 13, 2017 - 3:51pm

Yes Kevin, can you give us any guidance on the new Dam?  Back in the late spring you mentioned you and CEO were on a road trip to get input on new features etc for Luminar and I also took that to mean the new DAM as well. 

It would be most useful to the many of us that are eager for the DAM to know if it’s planned for end of 2017 or first Qtr 2018 or even mid 2018.  Some indication would be nice as many of us still on Aperture are eager to move forward.  I haven’t researched it but would not be surprised in Aperture will not run on the new High Sierra release this fall.

thanks

John

Jim Henderson's picture
by Jim Henderson
September 4, 2017 - 5:59pm

Could not agree more with some of the earlier comments about a  decent printing module in Luminar.  Aperture was excellent in that department allowing soft proofing of ICC profiles.   I am currently having to use the Lightroom 6 standalone App with Luminar as a plugin.    I would love to have only one software App for DAM, editing and printing.  I am aware your developing the DAM aspect of Luminar.  Hopefully you will build into this and easy way of importing projects from both Aperture and Lightroom.  Please look carefully at producing a decent printing module.  Thanks.  Jim

Nick S's picture
by Nick S
July 13, 2018 - 7:42pm

Just looking for a sign of life on the DAM.   You were talking about 1Q this year and new we’re into 3Q.   Please be honest.  Are we going to get this anytime soon?   Thanks.

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
July 13, 2018 - 8:22pm

Hi Nick - thanks for checking in. Work is going extremely well on the DAM, but as you noted our early projections underestimated the project.

As we truly sat down to develop a list of hard and soft requirements plus took the time to talk in person with scores of photographers about their must-have and wanna-have features, it was clear that this was a big hairy project that demanded our full attention to detail. So… it’s taking longer, but we don’t want to ship something we’re not proud of and that won’t be totally useful for photographers up and down the line. It will be fast, efficient and beautiful and I hope you like it. Also, it will be free to anyone who owns Luminar 2018.

The good news is we’re very close to entering a limited beta cycle and this month we’re showing alpha version to some very well-known photographers who are strident LR fans for their feedback. We released a free update to Luminar 2018 this week - in that press release noted here, there are a few more details about the DAM. We’re getting much closer. Thanks again for your question!

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
October 15, 2018 - 4:14pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve passed them along to the product dev team. Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

Pages

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness