You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Referenced Library & syncing new photos? #1
Bohdan Zachary's picture
by Bohdan Zachary
January 25, 2013 - 2:05pm

One of the few things I like about Lightroom is the ability to synchronize a folder when I add new photos to that folder.

I don't know how to approximate this in Aperture.
I want to keep the entire library as a referenced one.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I made the switch to Lightroom a few months ago and soooo want to move back to Aperture.

Thanks
Bohdan

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 25, 2013 - 2:51pm

I had to look that up to know what synchronize folders in Lightroom means. If I understand correctly, you are managing your images in the Finder (i.e. referenced library). Lightroom has a command that synchronizes its catalog with your folders. When you add new images to a folder that was already imported into Lightroom’s catalog, the synchronize command will import those new images to make the catalog and the folder contents match. Did I get that right?

Assuming yes, only thing I can think of in Aperture is to click the import icon, navigate to the folder in question in the import browser, and select the project in the library that matches the folder selected. Check the “Do not import duplicates” checkbox in the import settings. You should only see the new photos now and can click the import button to bring them in - effectively synchronizing them.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness