Stream ANYWHERE with ATEM Mini Pro — featuring Restream!
Photo Moment - June 19, 2020
The Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro is preconfigured to live stream to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. But you can stream anywhere, like to restream.io, by just editing an XML file! A huge thanks to restream.io for sponsoring this video. If you sign up for one of their paid services, use this link (discount code PHOTOJOSEPH) to save 20%!
offer valid until until Sept 01, 2020
Products & Links Mentioned
- Restream.io (save 20% through Sept 1, 2020)
- Restream’s “Best Settings” page
- Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro
- Locate the file
- Mac location:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers/Streaming.XML
- Windows location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control\Streaming.XML
- Mac location:
- Make a copy of the
Streaming.XMLfile! You will want this to fall back on if you make a mistake.
- Open it in a true text editor, like BBEdit
- Copy and paste the entire existing platform of YouTube (use YouTube as Facebook is lacking some data you may need and Twitch has a million servers you'd have to delete) from the
<streaming>tag to the
</streaming>tag to duplicate it.
- Update the following fields:
<name>to any plain-text name you want to see in the list in the ATEM software (ie to “restream.io”)
<server> <url>to the RTMP streaming URL (i.e. to
<bitrate>can be changed if desired or necessary. Tip: You want to use no more than ⅔ your available upload bandwidth; check that with speedtest.net)
<keyframe-interval>may need to change. It's usually 2 seconds (the default here) but your provider may have a different requirement
- Save the document, and back it up — every time you update your ATEM software, this file will be overwritten
- Quit and relaunch the ATEM Software
- Locate the streaming key from your provider (this is unique to you and must NOT be shared, or someone could hijack your stream!)
- Enjoy streaming to wherever you like 😀