You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
21mb #1
rigmover's picture
by rigmover
April 6, 2012 - 6:18pm

Hi, downloaded your persets yesterday and watched your video, very pleased with both, but you mentioned at the end of your video about size and if anyone was using a camera with more MB to let you know, I'm one of those, my A77 is 24mb so the pictures are a little bigger, what i tried to do was to crop the picture before adding the preset but this still doesn't work, also once the preset is added then what? I'm just left with the preset picture and the other one behind it?
great site I'm learning all the time.

Mark

rigmover.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 7, 2012 - 2:06am

Mark,

I assume you’re talking about the textures or the film presets?

Unfortunately there’s nothing to be done if your image is bigger, other than scaling the photo down or cropping, and applying to that. The mask is only so large. If it’s smaller, I can create smaller versions, but I haven’t started that yet. I’ve secretly been hoping that a new version of Aperture will make that irrelevant.

Anyway if you’re cropping and it’s not working, I am not sure why. Try this; apply the preset, then crop to the edges of the film or texture.

And I’m not sure what you mean by “I’m just left with the preset picture and the other one behind it?”. By “behind” do you mean stacked, so you have two versions of a photo; the original and the treated one? You can reset any individual adjustment or all adjustments applied to an image gear menu on the adjustments tab.

If the presets are unusable because of your larger file size, I’ll refund you the purchase price. I tried to be clear about the size issue but I know a lot of folks miss that. I see you bought the entire pack; let me know what you’d like to do.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

rigmover's picture
by rigmover
April 7, 2012 - 8:27pm

Hi Joseph, yeah sorry i was talking about the film presets, ill try cropping and playing around with them.
And no i don’t want a refund, they are all great resets and i knew about the size issue.
Keep up the great work.

Mark

rigmover.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 8, 2012 - 2:23am

Thanks Mark. By the way, some users have modified the Convert Master File Format script for this. The only modification is to make it NOT reject the original on import.

Basically this script creates a JPG at whatever size you like, then reimports it. So you could have it create a 21MP JPG and then apply the presets to that.

Not ideal, obviously, but worth trying?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness