You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
3.3.2 Vault Headache #1
Sharon Ann's picture
by Sharon Ann
August 3, 2012 - 4:34am

I'm unable to update my vault since I've upgraded to 3.3.2 “grey” site!

Error msg. is Unable to write to the Library.

Any one out there?

Sharon Ann

Sharon Ann

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
August 3, 2012 - 6:32am

Does that error message only happen when you try to update the vault, or for other tasks as well? Where are your Vault and Library saved? (Internal, External drives?) And what OS version are you on?

Without a little more info it’s hard to say what exactly the cause is. However, I’d run through some basic troubleshooting steps just to make sure everything is OK.
1. Make sure to restart your Mac.
2. Use Disk Utility to Verify and Repair Permissions on your system drive, and then use the Verify (and if necessary) Repair Disk tools for every disk which you’re using with Aperture. (So, if you have a system drive, a library drive, and a separate Vault drive, Verify all three to make sure everything is OK.
3. Try running through a few of the bass troubleshooting steps from the FAQ and see if that helps.

Report back and let us know how it goes. :)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 3, 2012 - 10:59am

Sharon

Are you updating the existing vault, or creating a new one?

It’s often best to create a brand-new vault when Aperture upgrades to major new versions, and this one was a pretty big upgrade.

To be perfectly honest though, I haven’t been able to successfully create a Vault for my main library since the upgrade to 3.0. My case appears to be unique as no others have reported this here, but do know that Vaults aren’t perfect right now.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?