You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
3.4.1 choose tethered storage location problems #1
Jeff Ellis's picture
by Jeff Ellis
October 27, 2012 - 3:14am

Everything was working great with Aperture 3.3 & OS 10.6.5- Lion, then the other day Indid an update to Aperture 3.4.1
Now, on a shoot, it will not allow me to correctly choose where to store my tethered files.
No matter that I did a new Project, choose new folders , deleted prefs, created new Aperture Library, did the Aperture Repair, nothing works.

It keeps reverting to older project file locations or dumping images loose into my “Pictures” folder.
Help!!!

Now my assistant tried it on his laptop with Mountain Lion and they seeded to go where they were supposed to.
Is this the issue? I have to upgrade to Mountain Lion?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 27, 2012 - 3:38am

Jeff,

Your assistant is also on 3.4.1 I assume?

have you tried simple things like trashing preferences, or just create a new library to see if the same problem happens there?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Jeff Ellis's picture
by Jeff Ellis
October 29, 2012 - 12:36am

Joseph - as I said above “No matter that I did a new Project, choose new folders , deleted prefs, created new Aperture Library, did the Aperture Repair, nothing works.”

As in we did:

-Trashed Prefs & restarted
-Did Aperture repair on -Permissions, Database, rebuilt Library
-Created completely new Library

Nothing worked.

Since updating to OS Lion in Nov. 2011 I’ve used Aperture 3 with NO problems at all. Very stable, fast. Just great.
Until yesterday, after running the Aperture update a few days ago.

This totally blows.

Jeff Ellis's picture
by Jeff Ellis
October 29, 2012 - 9:19pm

Ok. Where are the Experts? No one has any ideas in this? I can’t be the only one having this issue.
Doesn’t Apple test this stuff out before releasing updates?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 30, 2012 - 2:51am

Sorry Jeff, I apparently didn’t read your original post clearly enough.

I’m going to test this on my own system now and will report back. And a lot of us experts tend to take the weekends off, so perhaps that’s where we were :)

@PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 30, 2012 - 2:56am

Actually scratch that, I don’t have a Lion machine to test on. All my Macs are now on Mountain Lion.

Among all the tests that you’ve run, did you try creating a new User account (and then of course a new Library in there)?

Unless someone else here is running Lion, and tethering or at least willing to test tethering, you may not find another person to test this for you. Is upgrading to Mountain Lion out of the question?

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness