You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Abnormal behavior of my Aperture Library. Help needed... #1
Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
September 28, 2013 - 6:02am

Hi everyone. I'm trying to now freakout. So any help is more than welcome.

Context:
I opened my library yesterday searching for archived 2011 images for a customer. When I click on a album of selects, it displayed the images with a count of a total 75 images. As I started to scroll, the images started turning black and immediately after, they were replaced by images I had recently imported for another project. The images kept the old name ('20120201…'), yet the displayed image was from a very recent shoot in 2013.

Some Observations:
(1) If you traced the imaged back to the original project, you were directed to the '2013' project (matching the preview) and not to the original project shot in '2011'.

(2) I'm sure that the album did not have images from the recent shoot, since it's filed in a older folder that I have not even opened for a long time, and besides, when I first click in the folder the images displayed were the right ones.

(3) If you traced the image to the folder in finder (most of my images are referenced), it went to the 2013 folder.

Actions taken:
(1) I first repaired the dabatase without success.

(2) Then I rebuilt the database without success.

(3) And then, just in case I repaired permissions.

The current status is that I have the complete structure (projects, folders, albums, books, etc), all with their corresponding image count next to it, yet no single image is displayed at any level. Neither in the 'Projects' or 'Photos' level at the top of the library. I wanted to regenerate previews, but since I cannot see and thus select any image, I cannot do it.

Reference Information:
Aperture: 3.4.5 with Camera RAW 4.09

Any suggestion? I am quite worried to say the least. It's all my photographic work since 2004. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it. Martin.

Martin Herrera Soler | www.martinhsphoto.com

Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
September 29, 2013 - 9:25pm

Guys. Any idea or suggestion would be appreciate it. I find myself a bit lost with not many alternatives to try. Anything will help. Thanks a lot. m.

Martin Herrera Soler | www.martinhsphoto.com

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
September 30, 2013 - 2:00am

ouch! the black images are thumbnails or Prieviews Do you have another mac that you can put a previous backup of the lib on and check to see if its ok? Or make a new account on your computer and open the lib from there. Are you building Previews on import? I like the idea of deleting all previews, if you cant select all images and delete the previews via Aperture then open the Ap Package and do it manually. Perhaps not deleting but moving to desktop temporarily. With Previews removed try rebuilding the Lib. Once rebuild make a smart album for the following files Missing, offline, referenced and Managed. Those should all make sense to you …. if there are files that that appear that are-not suppose to… try to resolve. You could also go into Pkg and move the thumbnails out and rebuild both previews and thumbnails. If you start by holding the shift key and starting Ap. When the black image shows it doesnt have message of Format not supported does it? Well as you can see Im all over the place and at a loss to help. If you can continue to answer some of these question maybe someone will remember something else.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness