You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Add notes to Metadata #1
Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
August 5, 2013 - 9:41pm

I export a lot of my images into photoshop and then use “actions” on them. Is there a way once I have them saved back into Aperture to add notes to the photo? Such as what actions/presets I edited the photo in. If I really like the way I edited a photo, I would like to be able to make editing notes so that the next time I go and edit a photo I can remember what actions and/or presets I used on that photo? I like to flatten my images before taking them back into Aperture to take up less MBs! So, there is no way to open the photo and find out what I did. Plus… when using presents, if I like a certain preset I used, there is no way to know what one I used… I have hundreds! Just trying to figure out a way to keep track of the edits I really like!

Thanks,
Maureen

Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
August 6, 2013 - 9:42pm

Great idea! I knew there was a solution!

Thank you!

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
August 6, 2013 - 1:31am

One way to do this would be to create one or more custom fields that you can use to store that kind of information.

Custom fields only live within Aperture, but it sounds like that wouldn’t be a problem for you. They can be displayed in the Info panel, in List View and other places that normally display metadata.

One caution…make sure the name you choose when you create a custom field is what you really want. There’s no way to rename a field once it’s created (a bug IMO).

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?