You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
adjusting date & time, no year to change?? #1
Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 25, 2012 - 8:57am

For some reason, after I updated the firmware on 7D to 2.0 it reset the date & time to Jan 1, 2000…..so I've got a bunch of photos with the dates all messed up in my library. I went through and changed the dates and approx times but wasn't able to adjust the year?? There's no where to change it if I click Metadate then Adjust Date & Time?

Any suggestions, this is extremely frustrating!

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 25, 2012 - 9:36am

forgot to mention that I’m using Aperture 3.3.2….seems really strange that it won’t let me adjust year, this is the 1st time I’ve ever tried tho so I may be doing something wrong.

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 26, 2012 - 2:17am

am I the only one who can’t adjust the year?? I haven’t used in iPhoto in years, but remember it being simple to adjust dates so I may have to export originals, import to iPhoto, change date, and then import back to Aperture…..seems like a silly workaround, but I’m at a loss as to what could be causing this?

Aperture won’t let me even adjust the day/month of video…..any workarounds for getting these properly dated?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 26, 2012 - 2:18am

Matt,

How did you adjust the date on your photos? The only way to do it in Aperture that affects the EXIF data is from Metadata > Adjust Date and Time…, and here you can change the year [screenshot].

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 26, 2012 - 2:29am

Joseph,
Thanks for the reply. For some reason my adjust Date and Time window is different (http://flic.kr/p/cYp4cL) I dug around in preferences trying to find if theres some way to change this but can’t find anything.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 26, 2012 - 2:48am

Matt,

What the f… what is that?! For anyone else who wants to see, this close-up is easier to see what I’m talking about: [screenshot]

I have no idea what “Ja 1 Ja 1” means. It looks like you’re in English on the OS, so… hmm…

Maybe your OS preferences for Region got changed? Go to the System Preferences, and open Language & Text. Click on Region and make sure your region is set correctly. That’s the only thing I can think of offhand.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 26, 2012 - 2:59am

Wow you’re good Joseph! Somehow I got on a ‘custom’ region! Once changing back to US the year option came back.
Now the only issue is adjusting the dates of the vids I shot, Aperture doesn’t seem to allow me to adjust them…..what’s the easiest way you think?

Thanks for the quick help, I would’ve never thought about the region setting on my comp!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 26, 2012 - 3:16am

Matt,

Oh good! Glad that worked. What was it set to? I’m itching to know what Ja 1 Ja 1 means :)

As far as movie files, maybe it depends on what kind of file it is? I just looked at both iPhone movie files and 5D Mk II movie files in Aperture, and the same Change Date and Time options were available. I didn’t actually try them, but they show up. What are you seeing?

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
August 26, 2012 - 3:34am

It was just set to ‘custom’ no idea what happened….my 3 year old loves playing with my wacom tablet and I’ll find some crazy things opened and moved around when she’s done or possibly some other program I’ve installed over the years (i’ve been migrating all the way back from a PowerBook G4 in 2003)

I got the video date to change finally, I was selecting the option to change the original and it error’ed saying it couldn’t change the .mov file type but without that checked it changed fine.

Thanks again for the tip Joseph! Really appreciate it!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness