You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adjustments in slideshow dissapeared...how to get it back ? #1
Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
May 8, 2011 - 12:02am

Maybe a little difficult to explain, but her i go:

Today i was working with slideshows. Chose some photos, new slideshow, classic theme selected. Everything works ok, running in split view, so i had the timeline below, actual slide in top and the settings/adjustment panel at right in top…you know where to set timing of slides, choose music etc.
But after an hour or so, the adjustments panel (where you can set timing, text, choose music) dissapeared and the actual slide is now shown top/right. I was working with inserting black slide, move it around, when the slideshow adjustment panel dissapeared.
Restart of aperture do no good, cant find any window to turn off/on…..
What to do  ? (can you hear the panic in my text ?)

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
May 8, 2011 - 3:35am

According to Aperture help: ” click the Slideshow Settings button…”
That button is not available/visible, and the export button is not visible… so….genuine failure in software ? How to repair ?

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
May 8, 2011 - 3:09pm

Screenshots of the problem to be seen here:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15152824#15152824

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 9, 2011 - 12:26am

K P,

I concur with what was suggested in the Apple forum. You aren’t sharing with us the entire screen, so it’s hard to be 100% sure, but it looks as if your window is larger than your screen. As suggested in the Apple forum, that’s likely because of running dual displays or at any time changing screen resolutions. I suppose it’s also possible if you ran the slideshow in full-screen mode at some point, although obviously that’s not supposed to mess things up.

Change the resolution of your Mac screen. Click the green (+) icon in the menu bar. And if that still doesn’t fix it, trash the Aperture preferences file, which will reset the window to its default settings.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kenny Poulsen's picture
by Kenny Poulsen
May 9, 2011 - 3:19am

Joseph,
the right side of the shared screen is actual ~ full screen.
I did what suggested in Apple forum, needed to try 2-3 times, then it is running ok again :-)
I did run the slideshow fullscreen a number of times just before the failure. Not running dual displays, but had a viewer connected for 14 days ago.
So…..up and running again :-))
Thanks for letting me cry at your shoulder ;-)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?