You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any way in Aperture of doing an identical crop (Lower Left 1/4) on each of 700 photos to be put into a time lapse video #1
RPK's picture
by RPK
May 13, 2015 - 10:11pm

Using a Panasonic GH4 I shot 700 time-lapse (20 sec apart) photos of a flowering crab apple tree blossoms opening.  I used Adobe Premiere Elements 12 to do a 1080P video (5frames/photo).  It turns out the blooms on the lower 1/4 of each photo are the ones that opened.  Ideally, I would like to apply an identical crop to each photo in Aperture and take the cropped photos into APE 12 to create the time-lapse video.  I do not want to do the crop at the video level as there will be noticeable drop in resolution.  thanks in advance.  Robert K

Robert Kanee

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 17, 2015 - 12:51am

In Aperture, use the Lift and Stamp tools. First make the crop on the first photo, then select the Lift command.

Then select the remaining photos. In the Stamp dialog, make sure only the edits you want to copy to the other photos are retained. (Select and delete the others). Click the Stamp command.

I don’t agree with the drop in resolution if you do it in video. If your final images are larger than video resolution, then you can crop away inside your NLE. Just don’t scale it over 100%. You won’t gain any extra pixels cropping in Aperture.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness