You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3 Crashes #1
Bill Hodgson's picture
by Bill Hodgson
February 8, 2012 - 8:18am

I am experiencing regular crashes of Ap3.2.2. Two specific cases are 1) when I click the Export button to save JPGs - it crashes immediately after the button push (and not again) and 2) the Email button, but I don't use it so often.

I've had various other crashes which I send to apple with a pithy comment.

MacBook Pro, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb disk (135Gb free). Library is 19000 photos.

Most of the crash logs show this: Crashed Thread: 52 Dispatch queue: TFSVolumeInfo::GetSyncGCDQueue

I don't think my Mac is faulty - I use Disk Utility regularly, but the clunkiness of Aperture makes me wonder.

Anyone else seen anything similar? Bill

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 8, 2012 - 11:59am

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the site. Chris’s advice is great; please do let us know if you’ve tried those steps on Apple’s support page, and also do try what he’s suggested as far as a new library. That will tell you immediately if it’s Library specific or not, and we can go from there.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bill Hodgson's picture
by Bill Hodgson
February 8, 2012 - 9:04pm

I didn’t know about the rebuild option - I’ve done it and will let you know. Thanks for the help

Cliff Seibel's picture
by Cliff Seibel
February 8, 2012 - 11:44pm

Bill,

I had the same problem. It started when I upgraded to Lion when it first came out. I could export a few jpgs and then it would crash with a similar record in the crash log. I tried all the Aperture trouble shooting to no avail. It would happen on all my libraries and on both my iMac and Mac book pro. I finally gave up trying to fix it and just lived with the crashes until one of the updates to either Aperture or Lion in the November time frame fixed the problem.

Cliff

Cliff Seibel

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
February 8, 2012 - 8:32am

Out of curiosity have you carried out the Aperture basic trouble shooting?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3805

Also try a new library, import some raw files, export and see if you get the same issue.

If still not happening for you. I would Try deleting aperture and re-installing, I case a app file has become corrupt. Did you recently upgrade lion to the new 10.7.3?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?