You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.3.1 Memory Problem #1
Tom's picture
by Tom
July 27, 2012 - 5:02am

Aperture uses all of my RAM memory since I have installed version 3.3.1. That is 4 GB on my MacBook or 8 GB on my iMac. Do you have ideas how to avoid this? Thanks, Tom.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 27, 2012 - 5:05am

There is an update to 3.3.2 released yesterday … you could try that … it seems to clear up several problems that were found in 3.3.1 ….

Check Software Update, or your App Store account for the update …

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 27, 2012 - 5:40am

In Aperture, go to the Window menu, and select “Show Activity” to see if Aperture is processing anything. If you have Faces turned on and have recently imported a lot of photos, or just turned on Faces, it could be doing some processing.

Does it happen even when you’re not using Aperture much? Generally, if you’re doing lots of processing Aperture will use as much RAM as it can.

I agree, do update to 3.3.2 and see if that helps.

Tom's picture
by Tom
July 27, 2012 - 1:56pm

Thanks Butch and Michael. I use Aperture a lot and the problem only occurred after I had installed the 3.3.1 update. I will try the update to 3.3.2 next week when I return from my vacation.

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 27, 2012 - 4:28pm

Hmm. That’s interesting, in that case the other things to check for if 3.3.2 doesn’t do it would be to temporarily move your preferences file and then restart Aperture with a clean slate to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes next week!

Tom's picture
by Tom
July 31, 2012 - 5:51pm

Workflow is a lot better after the update. iMac with 8 GB memory works very well now and I can even execute plug-ins again! The MacBook still reaches memory limit frequently but it only has 4 GB… Thanks for your help!!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?