You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.4.1 and Mac OS X 10.7.4 #1
d-light's picture
by d-light
October 3, 2012 - 6:53am

Maybe I put this in the wrong place before:

I got an update notice regarding Aperture 3.4.1. I still have 3.3.2 installed and received the message that the update failed because Mac OS X 10.7.5 is needed. I work with 10.7.4.

Reading through the many posts regarding issues with Time Machine, Spotlight (and probably even more …) in the Apple support forums I presently refrain from updating the Mac OS.

Does anyone have some related experience?
What - if any - are the noticeable improvements of Aperture version 3.4.1?

With the latest updates I get the feeling that it is more about struggling with bugs and getting things to run than about productive improvements. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any advice.
d-light

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 8:56am

d-light,

Yeah you need to be on 10.7.5, as it says. Couldn’t tell you why offhand.

In general, a .x release will have new features or capabilities, whereas a .x.x release is just bug fixes. Usually.

There are always folks with specific reasons not to upgrade, but unless you have them I’d upgrade. Especially when it’s a .x.x release, as that should fix the issues that may have been introduced by the .x release.

Just my general experience, of course.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
October 3, 2012 - 8:54am

I’m running 10.7.4 and the latest Aperture which seems more stable than the previous iteration. There’s nothing much new that I find useful - some alteration to Photostreams but I regard that as a bloatware function for children, so I don’t much care what they do with that or Facebook etc.

I won’t be changing the OSX version because my machine is a Mac Pro 1,1 workstation that won’t support anything newer than 10.7.4.

d-light's picture
by d-light
October 4, 2012 - 6:39am

Strange: If I try to update Aperture to version 3.4.1 I receive the following message on my iMac:

We could not complete your update.
Aperture kann nicht auf “Macintosh HD” installiert werden, da Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 oder neuer benötigt wird. Sie können Mac OS X mithilfe der Softwareaktualisierung aktualisieren.

The second part means that I am supposed to update also my Mac OS to version 10.7.5 to be able to install Aperture 3.4.1.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness