You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.4.5! #1
iHarley's picture
by iHarley
June 6, 2013 - 3:13am

Don't get too excited though, it's not looking too awesome:

Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when deleting items from a camera or memory card after import.

Memory cards are now ejected correctly when using the Delete Items after import

Includes stability improvements

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 6, 2013 - 4:03am

Any update that furthers support for Aperture is good news … I still have my fingers crossed that we will hear something very positive next week … if we don’t … I’ll be really sad …

On another note … seems the latest Camera RAW update (4.06) also added a couple of new cameras to the tethering support list …

Moving forward is always welcome …

Chris Mielke's picture
by Chris Mielke
June 6, 2013 - 9:33am

I was feeling pretty good that we were going to see something next week. With this update however I no longer feel there will be an aperture released next week.

I’m past the point of frustration and onto complacency.

At least they are still fixing bugs which is a very good sign.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
June 6, 2013 - 12:51pm

I think the 3.4.5 update pretty much rules out a small feature update release next week that a 3.5 version would be. If there was to be a 3.5 next week, they wouldn’t bother with 3.4.5. Either there’s nothing next week or it is a big Aperture X release and this bug fix just keeps the old version going until people update. We’ll know soon.

Thomas

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 6, 2013 - 10:11pm

Well … it is possible we may not see a “release” of something minor or major for Aperture next week … It could very well be that 3.4.5 is a closing up of v3.x bug fixes …

I am holding onto hope we will hear something positive for at least something to come later in the year, if not better news of something new now. Since they had been seeking engineers to work specifically on Aperture a few months ago … I’ve still got just a bit of confidence that there is a future for Aperture … What that future is could be anyone’s guess though.

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
June 7, 2013 - 4:16am

Since WWDC is primarily for developers, I’m not very optimistic about an Aperture release there.

Aperture is old news now and would probably be updated with a press release rather than a Keynote or other big media event.

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 7, 2013 - 4:32am

That’s why I said “hear something” at WWDC … yes indeed WWDC is for developers, though, don’t forget that many of the developers that create plugins for Aperture will be in attendance or watching the event closely as well. I doubt that we will see a “release” at WWDC as well …

Apple routinely announces information about both new hardware and software at WWDC … at least in the direction they are headed … especially if the next iteration of Aperture is contingent upon the next OS version … coupled with the upheaval over the Adobe Creative Cloud has caused in the photography community, it could be a ripe opportunity for Apple to show their hand.

I have a gut feeling that the next version of Aperture will likely make inroads on making more use of iCloud , Photo Stream, and possibly streamlining iOS use with Aperture/iPhoto libraries, hence the unifying of iPhoto and Aperture Library structures … so they may offer insights as to how new/improved features in OS X 10.9 would impact upon such a future …

Of course, I may be completely wrong on all counts … :D

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 10, 2013 - 9:12am

I have a fuji X10, I was working fine with the RAW (.RAF) files since the update that added some fuji`s cameras formats.

After the last update, the raw files from Fuji`s X10 stoped working.

Does anyone knows how to solve it? I`ve lost all my edit photos.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness