You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.5.1 plus Mavericks Freezes When Trying to Create New Vault #1
MarKoz's picture
by MarKoz
December 13, 2013 - 3:57pm

Formatted an external FW800 drive GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and I cannot get Aperture to use it as a vault.  Aperture freezes part way through updating and shows as “Not Responding” in Activity Monitor.  I have to force quit Aperture.  On one occasion it froze my whole computer so badly that even the 1.5 second “hold the power button to quit” technique (new to Mavericks) didn’t work. I had to do a hard shut down by holding the power button on my Mac Pro.  Crap.  

Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?(

Joe's picture
by Joe
December 21, 2013 - 9:32pm

I have the same problem.  I’m also having freeze issues with moving a library to the same external HDD.  Aperture freezes with the spinning beach ball and I have to Force Quit.  It seems there may be an issue with communicating with the HDD.  I’ve tried several times, even shutting down the computer and restarting.

SysEngr's picture
by SysEngr
January 5, 2014 - 12:43am

Obviously major problems with Mavericks and Aperture 3.5.1.  Updating my first vault, and it went fine.  Updating second vault, and it’s stuck on “updating vault”.  Nearly all menu options are greyed out, but I can click between the vaults, which you shouldn’t be able to do.  Great.  Now what’s borked with my data???

SysEngr

ANdy's picture
by ANdy
February 18, 2014 - 9:41pm

Use Console and go through the obvious logs.

I just looked in the /Library/Logs, DiagnosticReports and found a … .crash report that says my Wacom Tablet is to blame, it’s been unplugged for weeks now but:

Responsible:     WacomTabletDriver [144]

Now I will remove any software via the Wacom Tablet Utility and see what happens.

If like me you have a late 2009 iMac with the infamous geforce GT130 graphics card it might have to do with the post 10.8 overheating. OR it could be any LaCie HD drives that are daisy-chained or bad luck or Black Swan’s or Bolsheviks (check under the bed NOW!). 

We shall not cease from exploration.
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. --TS Elliot

freemanphoto's picture
by freemanphoto
March 14, 2014 - 2:52am

I had the video card fail and replaced, that’s when I discovered none of my vaults would restore.

freemanphoto's picture
by freemanphoto
March 14, 2014 - 2:50am

Indeed, me too. Can’t restore any vaults on any iMac

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness