You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 4 #1
Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
June 1, 2012 - 5:58am

This is somewhat related to the post about Scott Bourne switching to LR4.

Do a search for “Apple Aperture 4: Unleashing Your Photo Workflow”. Some of the results will show it as Apple Aperture X: Unleashing Your Photo Workflow.

Now…breath…..

Like I noted in my response on the Scott Bourne thread, LR4.1's main advantage right now is the Develop module. Yeah…there are some nice new features in the Print module also. But…and that's one big butt….Aperture's current slideshow and web portions of the application are WAY better than LR4 (even Scott Kelby and Matt K. admit that).

And…just my humble opinion, LR4's set-up is just plain clunky compared to Aperture. Sure, Aperture has it's set of fleas, it's a lot easier to use than LR4.

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
June 2, 2012 - 8:23pm

Possibly all true. However, I never print, never use the web page bit, never use the slideshow bit…!

It’s interesting how we all use the same thing in different ways. I for example cannot recall the last time I actually printed an image - must be at least 5 years ago. My clients only ever want digital files so no need to print them for them.

Slideshows I do in Foto Magico and my web stuff is handled by my web designers.

Developing and cataloguing in what Aperture is all about for me. I’m very happy with the cataloguing although there are odd things that happen - random “Recovered Projects” appear and so on. The develop part looks a bit tired compared to Capture One Pro and does not do as good a job at the moment IMV, so I personally want that bit strengthened and a faster inclusion of new cameras as Aperture takes too long to get support in.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?