You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Detecting Consistencies #1
skorg264@gmail.com's picture
by skorg264@gmail.com
January 5, 2015 - 6:24am

I’ve encountered a new problem lately.  When importing photos to my library (referenced), I’ve been getting a window popping up when opening up Aperture saying, “Aperture has detected inconsistencies.  Please click repair to avoid any potential issues” or something like that.  I clicked repair once before and noticed when I did I lost some projects I had imported and then merged.  The reason for the merge is some shots were taken on my Canon camera and were in raw files.  Some shots were taken on my iPhone using an app called 645 Pro.  It only saves as jpeg or tif.  I choose the tif option in order to be able to adjust using raw controls.  Because they are all part of the same shooting project, I merged them.  Or is that not a correct thing to do?  I notice I’m getting these windows when I merge CR2 raw files and tif files into the same project.  Whether or not I click repair I always lose these merged files and things go back to the way they were and the tif files are no longer in Aperture.  Suggestions anyone?

Steve Hadeen

by skorg264@gmail.com
January 5, 2015 - 7:08am

I just tried renaming projects without merging anything.  I still am getting the inconsistencies window.  So not really sure what is going on.  This is a new problem for me.

Steve Hadeen

by skorg264@gmail.com
January 6, 2015 - 6:12am

I’m pretty sure now that the window is coming up “Aperture has detected…” because of when I rename projects in Aperture.  The project (s) that I rename contain referenced masters so it is not in Aperture itself. Any thoughts as to if I moved back to Aperture, renamed and then referenced the project again that it might take care of the issue?

Steve Hadeen

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness