You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Exported Images Description Not Showing In Facebook? #1
Daniel Cox's picture
by Daniel Cox
June 30, 2013 - 11:28pm

This situation relates to exporting images from Aperture in to jpeg format, then manually posting them to Facebook and Google+. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the situation explained below. Here's what's happening

I add all Metadata/Contact Information to my images within Aperture. When I export them they all show the Metadata/Contact Info properly when reviewed with Apple's Preview program as well as EXIF Everywhere program. So all seems to be fine until I manually upload them to either Google+ or Facebook. When I say manually upload, I'm referring to the manual process as opposed to adding them to Facebook via the Aperture Plugin.

So even though all the Metadata/Contact Info is in the image, for whatever reason it doesn't show up in either Facebook or Google+ in the Caption/Description field in the photo section. The most frustrating thing is that all info used to show up properly.

I realize this may not be an Aperture problem but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue on Facebook and Google+.

Daniel J. Cox

Darren Ingram's picture
by Darren Ingram
July 5, 2013 - 11:04pm

I don’t want to say “me too” but I have nothing else to add. They used to show up so I wonder has something changed in Aperture 3.4.5 (I think I had the problem before but dare not speculate). Running under 10.8.4. Default jpeg export and uploading.

Caption is correctly shown if I use iExifier to view the .jpg file.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?