You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture gliches garbled images - graphic card? #1
Karen Albert's picture
by Karen Albert
July 25, 2012 - 10:12am

At first I was thrilled with the new update. So many good things.
Big but… I am having to restart Aperture often after editing a photo. The images appear as garbled lines and bits & pieces. It seems to be happening more & more often.
Every time I use HDR2Pro to edit it happens and their support replied that it is a problem with Aperture and something about the graphic card processing.
All of my updates are up to date. Any suggestions?

Craig Andrews's picture
by Craig Andrews
July 25, 2012 - 11:17am

Karen, you are scaring me! I just purchased the HDR2 Pro Upgrade this evening and was planning on upgrading to Mountain Lion and Aperture 3.3.1 tomorrow.
What Mac are you using? Sorry I can’t help you with your problem, I’m just not Techie. I’m sure someone here will be able to give you some advice.

I'd much rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Jan Vojtek's picture
by Jan Vojtek
July 25, 2012 - 8:07pm

Karen, I posted here and also at Apple Communities regarding a different issue, where Aperture, after updating it to 3.3 and 3.3.1 kept generating Previews after each relaunch. As part of the solution, I deleted all Previews and Thumbnails. When the Thumbnails were regenerated, many of them look like what you describe (you can see it here https://discussions.apple.com/message/18860846#18860846) What solved it for me was just to open the photo and the thumbnail would regenerate correctly. I only had to do it once. I do not know enough about your issue but thought this might help.

Joe Butorac's picture
by Joe Butorac
July 26, 2012 - 2:09am

I to have had video problems with HDR Efex 2 and Aperture 3.3.1 and Photoshop CS6. Nik is working on the known issue.

From Nik Software Support
Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting Nik Software.

Unfortunately, at this time this is a known issue that we are working on resolving. This is not uncommon for Mac users running the software with Adobe Photoshop CS6. Please forgive us as we continue to look into this issue. Please continue to check www.niksoftware.com for update or your email as we will notify customers when an update becomes available.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-888-284-4085 (+1-619-725-3150 outside of the US). Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

Best Regards,
Mani

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness