You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture / iCloud Shared Photo Streams #1
Craig Atkinson's picture
by Craig Atkinson
July 16, 2013 - 5:43am

Hello
New here, apologies for what is probably a v straight forward issue!

I'm adding the contents of a project - IRO 300 images, to a new shared photo stream using Aperture. The first 33 are added fine, then it stops. I've rebooted, restarted Aperture, no joy. I have read Apple's limits here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US and although I have added maybe 900 images today, it's nowhere near the limit they set.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 16, 2013 - 8:31am

When I have created a shared photo stream with lots of images, I have seen it appear to not complete. I resorted to selecting several dozen images, sharing them to the stream, waiting for that to complete (I can see them all in the stream), selecting several dozen more, sharing them to the stream, …

I don’t know what others have experienced and I don’t know if Apple is throttling this on purpose.

drallewatsch's picture
by drallewatsch
December 25, 2013 - 12:11pm

Hi,

I have a similiar problem. I walked through my (very old ones - from iPhoto) photos adding some of them to my photo stream. I have added 94 photos. To add the last 10 photos I often restarted Aperture (3.5.1 with OS 10.9.1). Now I think I can’t add more. Aperture hangs in a special way: all menu items work but no action is performed when clicking anywhere in the window of Aperture. Further: I cannot really send Aperture to the background. The photos are staying in the foreground - any click brings Aperture to the foreground….

Nolamike's picture
by Nolamike
August 22, 2014 - 8:24am

I have this exact semi-hang when trying to add older photos to a Shared Photo Stream. With newer photos, no problem. Still troubleshooting…

Update: I’ve posted this semi-hang issue to the Aperture forum at discussions.apple.com  in hopes that someone has seen this and can help. The post by drallewatsch is the only description of the problem I have seen. 

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness