You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Inspector - a Joseph L. version? #1
Klaus T's picture
by Klaus T
December 27, 2011 - 11:42pm

Joseph (and others),

Not sure if you're aware of the (formerly) great little app known as Aperture Inspector? It was pretty cool, showed you how many shots you took with each camera, lens, etc.

Unfortunately it broke earlier this year, don't know if because of Lion or Aperture updates.

MacCreate, who launched it, did respond to my e-mails the first few times (by telling their developer to get in touch with me - but he never did, despite several attempts). Now, MacCreate also doesn't reply to e-mails and they have removed the product from their page.

So I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible for “some random” Aperture Expert to build a similar app? :) There must be something stored in the Aperture library files that just needs to be pulled out and analyzed and presented to the user as statistics - shouldn't be too hard for someone with the right knowledge :)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 29, 2011 - 7:25am

Klaus,

I’m familiar with the app; I had tested it and I think I even recorded a training video for it.

I’ll see if I can reach the developer for you.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Klaus T's picture
by Klaus T
December 29, 2011 - 9:02am

Joseph,

Is Aperture Inspector still running fine on your Lion system with latest Aperture, or are you having problems as well? Just to rule out that it’s not my system that’s the culprit :)

When I launch Aperture Inspector, it just stays at the splash screen and nothing else happens.

Stig Bordsenius's picture
by Stig Bordsenius
December 29, 2011 - 11:57pm

Hi Klaus

I am the developer of this application, so I can tell you a bit more. I made it only for myself to analyze my own library, and I came across David from maccreate and he offered to sell it for me. After a few months the app was removed from his site, I do not know quite why. And I have been rather buisy with this thing kalled “life” in the mean time, and have not had occation to follow the app up as I should have done. Sorry about that.

The app works on lion, you probably need to remove the preference -file and import your library again. This is due to the fact that it is build on a framework called “ADOBE AIR”, and upgrades in this can cause this sort of misbehaviour.

There is a guide to this here:
http://community.maccreate.com/topic/918-check-list-in-case-of-trouble/

I’m planning to work more on the app in hte future, so it is not dead. It’s just on a very long vacation..

Klaus T's picture
by Klaus T
December 30, 2011 - 4:10pm

Stig,

It’s nice to finally hear from you :) And many thanks for providing this simple solution to fix it - because NOW IT WORKS! YAY!!! :) Luckily my MacCreate serial number is also still working.

I think the app is great the way it is, I wouldn’t need any more features personally, except of course bug fixes (if there are any bugs still left).

Where should we go to check for updates in the future, in case you’ll be working more on the app at a later time? Do you have a blog or something?

Joseph,

Thanks for your help :)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?