You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Lens Correction Workflow? #1
Matt M's picture
by Matt M
March 5, 2013 - 2:18am

I just stumbled upon the lens correction feature of photoshop and it seems to have a pretty big effect at 17mm on my 17-55 2.8 (though I've only used it on one photo!) I've been shooting for 3 years but still am trying to digest a lot of info about photo editing….so I'm a n00b!
I'm curious how you guys use lens correction? Is it something you rarely do or something you apply to most or all images?
I'd prefer to do everything in Aperture and would love to know how more experienced shooters setup their workflows.

Any light that can shed on this subject would be greatly appreciated,
Matt

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
March 5, 2013 - 2:51am

I usually do lens correction on anything that’s shot at 28mm or less. I have the PTLens plugin that does the same as PS CS6. I use it more often than PS mostly because I rarely (less than 10% of the time) flip an image to PS.

Matt M's picture
by Matt M
March 9, 2013 - 11:19am

I wish there was a way to just have the correction done automatically upon import…hate adding additional steps. Isn’t it just one click in lightroom?
I haven’t used apple scripts in a long time but maybe theres a workaround using that?

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
March 9, 2013 - 12:51pm

While Lightroom does have it’s benefits … there can be a huge tradeoff in performance in Lr when lens correction is applied … while the one-click application sounds good on the surface, it also opens the door to other issues … some users are experiencing performance issues especially in images that also have any cloning/spot removal, adjustment brush corrections and noise reduction applied … that’s a lot of data to manipulate and render with live updates on the fly … so some Lr users have gone from the auto applied lens correction on import … to applying the correction much later in the development process ..

I too would like to see Aperture employ lens correction … but I hope they find a way to do it efficiently as well …

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?