You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture library not showing up in change desktop picture #1
Yoni mintz's picture
by Yoni mintz
January 8, 2011 - 12:33am

Here is a weird one- My Aperture library is not showing up in the change desktop image selection. I know this may seem trivial, but my wife wants to change her desktop picture. The library shows up in all other iLife applications…any thoughts on how to fix this? Repair permissions on OS/Aperture?

Thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 8, 2011 - 7:54am

Yoni,

This could be a remnant of the dreaded “getting Aperture to play properly with the rest of iLife” issue. Are you up-to-date on everything (Aperture & OS)?

If it’s working everywhere else, I’m not quite sure what to reset to fix that particular issue… of course you could always just export a photo from Aperture and place it directly from the Desktop preferences in the meantime.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Yoni mintz's picture
by Yoni mintz
January 9, 2011 - 8:17am

I know it seems like a crazy issue…I created a new library and that library is showing up. I wonder if there is some built in file or image size limit of that part of the OS…well see as I move projects over.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 10, 2011 - 2:13am

Yoni,

It looks like it could be a library issue. I would try repairing the library. Make sure Aperture is viewing the library with the issue. If it isn’t, use the File->Switch to Library… command to select the troublesome library. Restart Aperture while holding down command and option keys. You’ll get a dialog with three options. I would try the top one first (repair permissions). If that doesn’t work, try the 2nd one, etc.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?