You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture missing from App Store after clean install #1
Lloyd Geist's picture
by Lloyd Geist
July 28, 2012 - 10:22am

I purchased Aperture a few years ago online from Apple and have until recently been updating it through the App Store. A few days ago I decided to do a “clean” install of Mountain Lion with the intention of re-downloading Aperture from the App Store afterwards, but now it no longer appears under the “Purchases” tab in the store. All of my other past purchases are there, just not Aperture. I have spent the last two days corresponding with Apple via email, but they have been no help and have only referred me to knowledge base articles which do no apply to my situation. Any idea of how I can get Aperture back without having to purchase it again?

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 28, 2012 - 5:01pm

When you say you purchased Aperture, do you mean from the Apple Store, and *not* the App Store? Unless you purchased Aperture from the App Store itself, it won’t show up in your purchased apps. Did you have a physical disk which you used to install Aperture? If you did, then you’ll need that disk and serial number to get Aperture back. If you have a serial number, but no disk, then check your email to see if a download link is there somewhere of if it’s saved in your order history for the Apple online store.

Also, did you have any from of a system backup before your clean install? If things get messy, that could help.

Lloyd Geist's picture
by Lloyd Geist
July 28, 2012 - 11:15pm

Yes, I purchased the download from Apple before it was called the “App Store”. Since I have been able to download Aperture updates through the App Store, I assumed I could re-download the program itself. I have emailed Apple Tech Support three times now, but no one there seems to know what a “clean install” is. They keep telling me that if I upgraded to Mountain Lion then Aperture is probably still there and I just don’t know where to look for it, which is clearly not the case.

I did find a direct link at http://support.apple.com/downloads, but all of the Aperture download links are for Aperture updates only, not for the actual program. Just for kicks, I tried every one of the downloads, but each time I tried to execute the install, it said “You must have Aperture installed on this computer to apply this update”.

As far as backups, I did back up all of my data before the clean install, but not the Apps since I wrongly assumed that I could re-download all again from the App Store.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 28, 2012 - 11:25pm

You need to download the Aperture Trial DMG file. Once you have it installed and authorized with your serial number, updates will appear in the Mac App Store if you have Mountain Lion installed.

The link to download the trial is provided in the FAQ for this site.

http://www.apertureexpert.com/faq/common-aperture-questions-issues-and-r…

Thomas

Lloyd Geist's picture
by Lloyd Geist
July 30, 2012 - 5:52am

Thanks, that did it!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness