You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture no longer in App Store Purchases #1
Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 29, 2015 - 2:49am

I’ve been seeing chatter today about Apple removing “older” software from the Purchased section in the App Store app. I checked my Purchased section and don’t see Aperture. Can anyone else confirm the same?

At the moment I’m up to date on all SW with MacOS X Yosemite v10.10.5.

Thomas

Ron Franks's picture
by Ron Franks
September 29, 2015 - 6:19am

I see it on the purchase section on the App Store App, for now anyway.

jcraig's picture
by jcraig
September 29, 2015 - 2:09pm

I found this today on Mac Forums: 

“Monday September 28, 2015 9:30 pm PDT by Husain Sumra
OS X El Capitan LogoEarlier today, we noted Apple had recently removed older versions of OS X and other discontinued software from the Purchased tab of the Mac App Store for users who had previously purchased or downloaded them. The apps, which included Aperture, iPhoto, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mavericks, have now returned to the Purchased tab. 

The disappearance of the ability to re-download older software irked users, with some calling the action “user hostile.” It's unclear if Apple pulled the software intentionally or whether the Mac App Store experienced a temporary bug in advance of the availability of OS X El Capitan. However, the software was unavailable for several days before returning tonight. 

Only one of the apps, Aperture, will continue to be compatible with OS X El Capitan.”

jcraig

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness