You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture to Photos #1
Bill Hinton's picture
by Bill Hinton
June 28, 2015 - 1:40am

Lets try this again,

When I have a pic in Aperture and it is a raw file in the “aperture library” and I go to import in photos the pic turns to jpg.

When in Photos I click on the pic then I hit Edit then go over to image. The “Use raw as original” AND “reprocess raw” are grayed out.

Am I missing a step in the set up? I watched tor:18 Did not say anything about this. HELP HELP HELP

Before I jump to Lightroom

Bill Hinton

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 1, 2015 - 5:38am

How are you importing into Photos? To get the RAW photo out of Aperture, you either need to Export Original or if you have a referenced library, reveal in Finder the original. And then import that original RAW image into Photos.

Thomas

Bill Hinton's picture
by Bill Hinton
July 1, 2015 - 6:48am

You are a genius Tom. That worked. Thank you very much.

Bill Hinton

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 4, 2015 - 4:34am

You’re welcome. 

Can you tell that genius part to my wife and teenage son?

Thomas

Bill Hinton's picture
by Bill Hinton
July 4, 2015 - 1:38pm

I have 2 teenage girls. I know what you are talking about.

Thanks again.

Bill Hinton

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 24, 2015 - 10:00pm

I'm glad you have a solution, but how were you originally moving from Aperture to Photos? If you migrated an Aperture library to Photos, then both the RAW and JPEG photos should be there. 

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bill Hinton's picture
by Bill Hinton
July 24, 2015 - 10:09pm

The problem is that I only did a couple of photos to try it out. Never did the whole library. So in the beginning when I started “Photos” I did not do a whole library. Because I might what to do Lightroom. I would like to stay with Aperture. No brushes in photos

Bill Hinton

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?