You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture plugins #1
SuzieQ's picture
by SuzieQ
November 27, 2013 - 8:02pm

I am trying to decide on a HDR program to purchase.  I was going to buy HDR projects photo but now see that there is a Photomatix plugin for Aperture.  I’m wondering if others like this program and what plugins are the most recommended to compliment the Aperture program.  I do sports photography.

Thanks,

SuzieQ

Gary with a big Mac's picture
by Gary with a big Mac
November 28, 2013 - 10:51am

Hi there,

I went through the choices for HDR recently and settles for Nik software suite,

The whole package works well for me and I have a HDR program included,

The Nik software works extremely well with Aperture

I have a photographic memory but never got it developed

John Shiever's picture
by John Shiever
November 28, 2013 - 3:42pm

The Photomatix plugin does not have all of the features of the full Pro version.  That said, the program integrates very well with Aperture and has more than enough HDR capabilities (read sliders) to satisfy all of your HDR needs.  Easy to use and you end up with a seperate file in Aperture that you can adjust even further.  I imagine that the number of bracketed sports shots that you have will be limited!

JWS

Dave B's picture
by Dave B
December 2, 2013 - 12:40pm

I have Photomatix Pro which is excellent and also the Nik suite which includes a kind of HDR version. Photomatix will give you most flexibility and options but is more fiddly and with a larger learning curve - however it is EXCELLENT !

Dave B

deansinjeans's picture
by deansinjeans
December 4, 2013 - 3:35pm

I have used Photomatix for a while now and I really like it. It’s not easy to use while it gives you a lot of options. I recently purchased the Nik Collection and I must admit that the included HDR Efex plugin does everything I need and it does it easy, fast and beautifully. The Nik Collection is a powerful set of tools in general, so maybe it’s worth spending a little more money on the this whole package, compared to Photomatix which only does HDR. But me warned that Nik is not working well with Mavericks and Aperture 3.5 – they are working on updating it though…

Jeff's picture
by Jeff
January 11, 2014 - 6:03am

Second on the not working well with Aperture and Mavericks Deans.  I am having issues with saving HDR Efex Pro 2 images back into Aperture 3.5.1.  It is prompting me for a save location in a crazy folder on my HD.  

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?