You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Presets not working properly #1
OneLuv's picture
by OneLuv
September 11, 2014 - 5:47am

Hello,

I purchased some presets and i am finding that when i try to apply them to an image, only a portion of the image is affected. I shoot with a Nikon D800, so i am not sure if this is because the files are so large. In either case, the presets should work on the entire image.

I’ve selected an overly obvious preset to illustrate my issue. Please review and advise. Thank you!

Regards,

Joe

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 3, 2014 - 8:12pm

That is expected behavior on files that large. It's noted in various places including the purchase page, but to be fair it may not be in the preset pack you're using. Those were really big texture files, and only recently have cameras gone beyond that.

Unfortunately it's a limitation of how textures are added in these presets. Textures are simply TIF files of a specific size, and are not scaled in the process of adding an adjustment preset. This is out of my control, and simply how Aperture works. Textures were never mean to be added; these are quite literally a hack!

If these presets are therefore of no use to you, please forward me your receipt and I'll gladly refund your purchase.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness