You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Update 3.2 #1
Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
October 13, 2011 - 5:27am

It weighs in at a whooping 667.7mb update.

You will need to update Lion to 10.7.2 to take advantage of the iCloud feature.

Aperture 3.2 supports compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5. This update also addresses minor stability, performance and compatibility issues, including:

Resolves an issue that could cause the “Loading” indicator to reappear in the Viewer when cropping a photo

Aperture now automatically relaunches into Full Screen mode if the application was in Full Screen mode when last quit

Pinch-to-zoom gesture now automatically activates Zoom mode in the Viewer

Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in the Viewer

Microsoft Outlook can now be chosen in Preferences as the application used by Aperture for emailing photos

Fixes a problem that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to quit unexpectedly when using brushes to apply adjustments

Loupe now correctly displays magnification levels between 50-100%.

Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to display the incorrect color profile on externally edited images

Import window now includes an option to delete photos from iPhone and iPad after they have been imported into Aperture

The Lift & Stamp tool now displays the correct cursor icons when being used in Split View and Viewer only modes

The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
October 13, 2011 - 7:50am

Well, it looks like I’m off to order some more RAM. (see several forum posts below). :o It’s time I go with Lion. Thanks for the info Chris. Any potential issues with any plug-ins like Silver Efex Pro, etc? I think most of them have been “lionized” by now.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
October 13, 2011 - 7:59am

I can highly recommend crucial for ram for your mac. I ordered 8gb from them using their ram finder tool and it worked a treat. 2 x 4gb sticks turned up and they were the right ones.

Side note… Joseph the iCloud may be the answer to sync’ing up your instantagram photos to aperture. As it saves it too your camera roll the cloud should upload it and sync it up to all other devices, including aperture if you setup iCloud.

by Florian Cortese
October 13, 2011 - 9:24am

Chris- Yes, I already scoped out Crucial and used their finder tool. Ordering will be done, just need to make sure I get a hold of a tool to take the crews off the back of my MBP. Once I locate that I’m on my way.

Flor

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
October 13, 2011 - 10:13am

I want to max out my iMac’s RAM too because of Lion, and even though I’ve bought at OWC in the past, Crucial looks good to me so I may go that route this time. Does anyone know if I have to have equal sized modules in each slot? I have 8 GBs right now as 2, 2, 2, 2. I’d like to just replace two of those with 4 GB each for a total of 12 (2,2,4,4) because my hubby isn’t happy that I want to replace all of them with four 4s after I just recently bought two of the ones I have now. I guess I don’t blame him, but I still really want the full 16 GBs.  ;) TIA!

~Debbie

by Florian Cortese
October 13, 2011 - 11:22am

Debbie- I know that they have 8 GB (4gb x 2) for sure, that’s what I’ll be getting.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
October 13, 2011 - 11:28am

Thanks, Florian! Yes, I saw those on the site today, but what I’m not sure of is if I can have two 2s and two 4s in my iMac? I thought all four had to be the same number? I guess I can ask them at Crucial, can’t I? LOL!

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
October 13, 2011 - 8:38pm

I ran my mac on single 4gb and 1gb stick for a while to give me 5gb. It seemed to cope ok, however it is not a practice I like to do.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness