by David Moore
May 25, 2012 - 6:13am

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 25, 2012 - 7:05am

This upgrade fixes one color Problem but not the Big one.

Take a large color Tiff file like Adobe98 and add a solid color fill like (72, 182, 70)  into a selection, (collapse all layers). Import that image into AP and look at the previews and thumbnails of the color green.It looks hosed, darker, dead.   Export that image out of AP3.2.4 via versions with no adjustments and the image is not the same as the original before importing. Color loss occurs via importing and Exporting.  This happens in other colors but green is pretty easy to see. Stack them in PS layers and set the layer mode to Difference for a final proof

Im waiting for AP4

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
May 25, 2012 - 1:46pm

Oh good it also fixes the problem when you round trip to an external editor and the new edit does not show up. That was really irritating.

Gray Fox's picture
by Gray Fox
May 27, 2012 - 4:01am

I use Aperture on my older desk-top iMac (24” white version) running Snow Leopard. After using Aperture for an hour or so with the latest upgrade (3.2.4), my initial thought was, “where did all of the crashes go?” If this reliability continues, I would classify this release as Major. Aperture-Crashes have been become such a routine part of my life that I build them in to my time estimates. Without them, I might get a life. Well maybe that is going too far.

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
May 27, 2012 - 7:05pm

Larry,

what do you mean by ‘crashes’? What version of MacOS are you running and are these managed or referenced files?

Grant

Gray Fox's picture
by Gray Fox
May 28, 2012 - 2:22am

Grant- When I use many of the tools in the Adjustments Panel, I often get a spinning Beach Ball for a few seconds and then Aperture simply shuts down with a ‘crash’ message (and occasionally takes the whole computer with it). This problem is worsened if I am in Zoom mode or using the Loupe. I don’t think this is an unusual observation, I have seen many similar complaints since the release of 3.0. I have always believed that the problems were caused by an older computer and graphics card, which are probably no longer part of the Apple test protocols.

I am running on OS X 10.6.8, 3 GB RAM with a Managed Library.

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
May 28, 2012 - 5:16am

Larry,

are you running a Nvidia graphics card? Have you tried making a clean User Account and running from there? (This is easily/quickly done and is a 5 minute test which can confirm, or eliminate lots of issues)

(Yes there may be issues with some graphics cards and the OS/Macs … Apple have even fixed some of them, on older hardware, with recent firmware upgrades).

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 30, 2012 - 4:59am

Grant,

I think at this point, Larry is quite happy to NOT have to do those things — if his Aperture is actually finally running without issues, then why poke the sleeping bear!!!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness