You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Vault starts over each time I back up. #1
Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
October 9, 2012 - 10:29am

In the last couple of months, Aperture Vault has started over from scratch each time I run it. It renames the current Aperture Vault as Old Aperture Vault. This occurs regardless of whether I have done alot of work or only worked on several images since the last time I backed up with the Vault. This takes alot of time and space. It also takes alot of time to dump the Trash once I have put the Old Aperture Vault in it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks -

Dudley

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 10:44am

Dudley,

Sounds to me like a permissions issue with the drive that you’re writing the Vault to.

I’d run Disk Utility on it to be sure the drive is OK (permissions and repair), and also in general it seems like a good idea to enable “Ignore ownership on this volume on external drives (Get Info on the drive, and open Sharing & Permissions at the bottom).

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
October 11, 2012 - 11:18am

Joseph -

Thanks, I will try Disk Utility. On the Drobo I am using for backup, “Repair Permissions” is grayed out, but it will let me do “Repair Disk”. I checked the Drobo and there is no “Ignore ownership on this volume” checkbox.

Dudley

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 12, 2012 - 2:10am

Dudley,

Oh it’s a Drobo… yeah that’s a weird proprietary disk system. You may want to check the Drobo software for any repairs it can do.

Remember with Drobo, it’s possible for the Finder to think the drive is bigger than it really is. It’s a strange system for sure. Use the Drobo utility to ensure you have enough free space; you can’t rely on the Finder for that.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?