You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apple script or other automation delete certain keywords #1
Kay in's picture
by Kay in
May 22, 2012 - 3:20am

Hi all,

I'm mainly a professional sports photographer, but since a few weeks i've diven in to Stock photography and i like to keep track of submissions via aperture en smart albums via keywords.

I made a like of keywords like:

Istockphoto pending
Istockphoto accepted
Istockphoto rejected

Shutterstock pending
Shutterstock accepted
Shutterstock rejected

Fotolia pending
Fotolia accepted
Fotolia rejected

But the thing is, when i make a batch export now, to like 5 other agencies, i get these keywords inside my photos on the agency websites. I need to open them 1 for 1 and delete the keywords.

I was thinking the following:
Isen't there a way to make a apple script or any other tool that search for all these above keywords and deletes them but keeps the other keywords?

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
May 22, 2012 - 6:53am

Hi Kay,

What you’re describing is a textbook example of a situation where scripting is desirable.
I haven’t had time to research the specifics yet, and I’m handing in my semester project later this week so I probably won’t get to it before next week, but I don’t see why AppleScript shouldn’t be able to do what you ask for.

Do you use an Aperture plug-in for batch uploading or do you export to disk and upload from a browser? Or something different?

I’ll be in touch!

Kay in's picture
by Kay in
May 22, 2012 - 9:05pm

I am afraid it forces met to export to disk first then run the script and upload seperately

I do have upload scripts for flickr 500px and photoshelter, so if it its possible within Aperture it would be superbly amazing

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 22, 2012 - 10:31pm

This script would have to be run independently of any other export or upload plugins I’m afraid, however it can likely be done to simply export to the desktop.

Another option is to make duplicate versions of the same file in Aperture and apply just the keywords you need to each photo there, but that would be tedious.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kay in's picture
by Kay in
May 23, 2012 - 2:55am

Woulden’t it be possible to make a script that indeed generates a extra album with duplicated images ready for export. This way they are easy deleted after uploading

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness