You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
AppleScript Beta Testers Needed #1
Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
March 25, 2012 - 6:10am

I have been working on an AppleScript which reads Aperture databases and generates a website which includes indexes for collections, keywords, faces, places, and years.

I'm getting to the point where I would love to have one or two individuals who can beta test the script. If you're interested, please reply here.

Thanks!

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
March 26, 2012 - 11:56pm

Hi Tim,

I’m too busy with school to offer myself as a tester right now, but a number of users have volunteered to beta test for me in this thread: http://www.apertureexpert.com/forum-applescript/post/1263857 and I don’t need any testers right now. Feel free to borrow them :)

If you would like your script to end up in the store, you should discuss that with Joseph directly.

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
March 27, 2012 - 1:27am

Tim,

can you explain a bit more about what it will do?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 27, 2012 - 3:28am

Morten,

Tim and I have been discussing this one for a while. It’s wicked cool ;-) I’ll let him explain what it does.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

d kenner's picture
by d kenner
March 27, 2012 - 5:30am

Sure. In fact I run my own web server off a static ip with iMac and linux server on the same LAN.

Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
March 27, 2012 - 10:21pm

I think the easiest way to let you know what it does is to show you. I have created a sample website at http://memories.outburst.com/public/index.html

All of the pages there were created by my script with data and images pulled from Aperture.

Note that the “Collection” page pulls from the top-level project in Aperture, the “People” page from the faces identified in Aperture, the “Subject” page from keywords assigned to photos in Aperture, the “Location” page from the places assigned in Aperture, and the “Year” page from a custom year field I have added.

Note that depending on which topic you’ve selected (people, subject, etc.), the navigational links at the top of each photo are appropriate for that view.

The script may be run in batches to add or remove selected photos from the website.

Tim

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness