You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Auto Create Smart Albums? #1
Paul Hailes's picture
by Paul Hailes
September 24, 2010 - 11:39pm

This is somewhat of a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of a way where smart albums are created automatically? Example: when I am going through a project I will create a smart album of the photos I intend to edit, and then I will create a smart album of the edited photos, this way I can find both the unedited and the edited version of the photos. For my job I need to turn in both the edits and the originals.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 28, 2010 - 2:53am

Paul,

I agree… from what you’ve described, I don’t think you need Smart Albums. What I would do in your case is put all the photos you need to edit into one regular album, make your selection (presumably by adding star ratings, or labels, or flags), then grab all of your selects and copy them into a new Album. Then you’ll have two Albums; one with ALL photos, and one with just selects.

If you wanted to have the selects in one, and the NON-selects in the other, then when in the step above where you copy the selects to a new folder, just move them instead (the difference being an option-drag vs a regular drag).

Finally if you really do want to do this with Smart Albums, all you need is a Smart Album that matches the criteria of however you rate (i.e. 1-star or better, 3-stars or better, label Blue, whatever).

If that’s not what you need, let us know and please provide additional details.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

harringg's picture
by harringg
September 25, 2010 - 8:14am

Are you asking what is outlined here?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 26, 2010 - 5:26am

You may not need smart albums at all. Create a regular album with the photos you intend to edit. When you finish editing them you’ll need to export in order to turn in the photos. First export the “Masters”. You could append the word “master” to the file names using the export dialog. Then export the “Versions” appending “edited” to the filename during export.

If you need to keep track of which ones are still to be edited before you export, then harringg’s link will help with that.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness