You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Automator script for moving unwanted files #1
Derrick Nankoo's picture
by Derrick Nankoo
October 12, 2010 - 2:27am

Hi Joseph,
I saw your automator script on converting RAW files to JPG's and wondered if you could go one more step with that.

After a event shoot, I sort my pictures into keepers and maybe's. Over the course of editing the keepers, maybe's might also be turned into keepers due to better angles, exposure, etc. At the end of the day, I will convert the keepers to high res and low res JPGS. I will provide the customer with a DVD of these pictures and then I move on to the next customer.

My question is that the maybe's are still in smart albums (ratings from 1-3) under my project. I would love for a way that I can deleted these files in Aperture and also delete them from my hard drive (reference library).

At the end of the day, I will only have the keeper's in Aperture. The only way I know of doing this is to make a list from aperture then use Filer and delete them one by one. Is there a easier way to do this. I don't want get confused down the line by keeping maybe files and the customer comes back for additional services. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Derrick

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 12, 2010 - 8:51pm

Derrick,

I’m not quite sure why you don’t just delete the “maybe” images that are in the Smart Album (rating 1-3) if that’s what you want to get rid of? That would remove them from Aperture, and when you hit Delete, it’ll ask if you want to delete the Referenced File as well, right?

I must be missing something…

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Derrick Nankoo's picture
by Derrick Nankoo
October 13, 2010 - 12:55am

Hi Joseph,
Is it that simple? =)

I will try this as I don’t recall or maybe I did something incorrectly. I will report back soon. Thanks again!

Derrick

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness