You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Backup Library is much larger #1
Rob Simpson's picture
by Rob Simpson
August 6, 2010 - 1:48am

I have a referenced library and master images that I back up daily with Carbon Copy Cloner. I have been using the CCC option to add incremental changes to the back up copy which is on a Drobo unit. I have been deleting image files and wanted to update my CCC back up to delete anything on the target that is not on the source. When I checked my back up library on the Drobo I found it to be 57GB compared to my master size of 29GB. The major difference was 25 “.approject” files on the back up that are not in the master library (28GB worth). I read that Aperture 3 may not use these anymore. Should I copy them to my master library or can I delete them?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 20, 2010 - 1:01am

Rob,

Your assessment appears to be correct; as far as I can tell, .approject is no long part of the Aperture 3 structure. I wouldn’t bet money on it, but I don’t see those files inside the Library package anymore.

For your concern, since you want to the backup to “delete anything on the target that is not on the source”, then why don’t you just create a whole new, clean backup. Essentially start your backup over. I’m not a user of CCC so I don’t know it’s intricacies or particularities, but it seems like if you’re just trying to get a clean backup that’s current and has discarded older content, then perhaps starting fresh is a good way to go.

Obviously I’d recommend making a new backup and ensuring it’s viability before deleting the old one.

Good luck,
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness