You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Barrel Distortion #1
Lightscap3s.com's picture
by Lightscap3s.com
July 23, 2012 - 7:01pm

Does anyone have any tips and Aperture workflow in removing barrel distortion? Is there simply one good plug-in worth buying?

by Lightscap3s.com
July 25, 2012 - 4:20am

Thanks!

I’m wondering if PS Elements has this tool? I have the Mac Store App ~ if it’s in PS Elements, where can I find it?

by Lightscap3s.com
July 25, 2012 - 10:51am

Never mind ~ Yes, PS Elements 10 App has a filter

Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
July 23, 2012 - 10:06pm

I’ll second this question, I like to shoot at 10mm (cropper) for lakeside sunset photos so distortion sometimes comes into play…anyone?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 23, 2012 - 11:25pm

I use PS but started off with Lensfix. There is lens fix, fix lens, PTlens I think are all the same engine. They haven’t been changed since 2008. Since I do all my final edits in PS I just use PS. Wouldn’t be surprised if Apple puts this engine in the next release but “Im a Photographer Not a Doctor, Jim.”

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 24, 2012 - 1:30am

I’ve just recently tried the PTLens plugin for Aperture and it works great. My only nit with it is that it exports your raw file to a TIFF, edits it in PTLens, then imports the TIFF. If you make any changes to the master raw file, you have to go through this again.

I too hope Apple puts lens correction into a new release of Aperture and that it works from the raw files like Lightroom.

I also hope there really will be a new release of Aperture!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 26, 2012 - 4:50am

SesHat, thanks for updating, I was wondering that myself.

Let us know how well it works!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness