You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Batch change of Date (YYYY) only #1
Peder's picture
by Peder
April 1, 2012 - 5:13pm

Hi,

Is there a Batch Change function or Applescript that will allow only part of a date to be modified?

I'm looking to change only the year but not the day, month data. i.e.:
DD = DD
MM = MM
YYYY = YYYY + 1

Any suggestion?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 2, 2012 - 2:49am

Peder,

Will Metadata > Adjust Date & Time do what you need?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Peder's picture
by Peder
April 2, 2012 - 8:14am

Hi Joseph,

I know I can change the year only with Metadata > Adjust Date & Time command, but that is not what I’m looking for. I have over 1200 photos that I have the year wrong. This was a result of the setting the camera date format incorrectly. Sadly, I notice this to late to re-import the photos’.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Peder

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 2, 2012 - 10:58am

Peder,

I’m confused why this isn’t the solution that you’re after. If you select all the images, the shift the year to the right year, then all 1200 photos will shift the same amount (+1 year or whatever it is). This dialog isn’t just to CHANGE the time, it’s to SHIFT the time. Read the dialog that pops up when you select the command; I think this is in fact what you need. [screenshot]

You can even change the date on the master file from here.

If you follow a naming convention for your files that include the date in the filename and so that’s also a concern, let me know and I’ll outline how to fix that. It’s a multi-step, PITA process, but it works. I’ve had to do it more than once.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Peder's picture
by Peder
April 4, 2012 - 10:27pm

Hi Joseph,

I was unsure myself as Metadata > Adjust Date & Time command was to a bit unclear. I was not sure if the Date and Month would also be changed when the Years was modified. I did some test covering a few different dates and with a change of the year only, and it’s all good.

Once again thanks for your support.
Cheers, Peder

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness