You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Batch Processing Not Working? #1
Spartacus Capua's picture
by Spartacus Capua
March 16, 2012 - 5:56am

Greetings,
I have about 150 pictures that I'd like to apply a preset to. I've done this in the past where I just highlight/select all the pictures I want to make the adjustment to then just select the desired preset and viola!

But now, when I select all the photos, the preset is only applied to the first photo.

Did I forget something?

Thanks in advance!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 16, 2012 - 6:53am

Spartacus,

To apply a preset to multiple images, you have to select the preset from the menu bar, not from the Adjustments tab.

The easy way to remember is that everything you do in the Inspector (Metadata and Adjustments) only apply to the primary selected image. To do anything to more than one image at a time, you have to go to the menu bar.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Spartacus Capua's picture
by Spartacus Capua
March 16, 2012 - 8:15am

Bingo. Thanks, Joseph!

bob william's picture
by bob william
November 10, 2013 - 12:05pm

My question about Batch Adjusments I first tried to answer by searching for that topic in past posts to the User Forum. Topics returned from that search appeared to deal only with metadata batch adjustments, not “quality” adjustments, such as White Balance for a series of shots all of which showed a need for the same adjustment.

Joseph’s previous reply [previously in March 2012 ] said to use the Aperture toolbar for such batch work but the only Batch Change option available there was under ‘Metadata’ and did not allow the ability to batch change any of the choices available under Adjustments in the Inspector.

Can one Batch Adjust a number of images the same way; if so,where ?

Thank you

Bob

Bob S.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
November 10, 2013 - 1:03pm

Joseph’s reply was about how to apply an Effect preset to multiple images. The menu command is: Photos->Add Effect…

The Batch Change command is only for metadata.

You can create your own effect presets. Make the adjustment on an image then select Effects->Save Preset…

Another way to do it is apply the adjustment to a single image and Lift and then Stamp that adjustment to any other image(s). If you have multiple adjustments on the image you lift from but only want to apply a few or one of them, just delete the ones you don’t want in the lift/stamp dialog box which appears when you Lift.

Thomas

bob william's picture
by bob william
November 11, 2013 - 12:59am

Thomas

Thank you, again, for your help. You’ve solved a number of my problems over time, for which I am grateful.

Bob

Bob S.

BIG_PUMP's picture
by BIG_PUMP
January 30, 2018 - 1:28am

Hi Guys,

for some reason my lift & stamp tools are not working. Does any one have any ideas or fixes I could try?

if I have 10 image selected it only applies on the last image I clicked on from all selected images, not on all of the images.

Also, when I select a group of images and hit 5 stars it now only applies to the last image I clicked on too, while all are selected, so batch selected isn’t working for some reason, and lift/stamp is not working (only on one image at a time.. which is crazy).

Please help!

BIG_PUMP

pearcie's picture
by pearcie
February 1, 2018 - 9:49pm

hi

have you made sure primary only isn’t selected?

gary

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness