You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
BorderFX 1.6 #1
Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
June 16, 2012 - 9:39pm

For some reason BorderFX 1.6 hangs on my Aperture 3.3 install on my Mac Pro, but works fine on my Mac Book Pro. BorderFX 1.5.2 works OK on the Mac Pro.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking for the problem?

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 17, 2012 - 2:39am

Robert,

Try trashing and preferences for the BorderFX plugin, and if that doesn’t do it, reinstall the plugin. See where that takes you.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
June 18, 2012 - 8:11am

Already did both. No joy. :(

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 18, 2012 - 11:49am

Did you wipe out all traces of the plugin before reinstalling? Check App Support folder and preferences for most likely hiding places, but do dig around for anything related to
“BorderFX”.

If still no joy, contact them I’m afraid. I don’t have it so it’s hard for me to troubleshoot.

@PhotoJoseph

Darryn Morgan's picture
by Darryn Morgan
June 20, 2012 - 10:16am

Can I hijack this thread a tad?

If I apply changes to an image, say some cloning or retouch, then send the image to Border FX, the changes reappear in the image.

Anyone else seen this?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 20, 2012 - 2:41pm

Darryn,

I’m not sure I follow. If you’re saying that when you make a change to an image in Aperture, then send that changed image to Border FX, that you are seeing that change in Border FX, then that is precisely what it’s supposed to do. Why would it send the original when you’ve already altered it?

Tell me if I’m misunderstanding.

@PhotoJoseph

Darryn Morgan's picture
by Darryn Morgan
June 20, 2012 - 7:58pm

Hi Joseph,

If I clone out a dust spot on an image in Aperture, then send that image to BFX - the dust spots will reappear on the image when it opens in BFX.

Funnily enough, it does not do it on my MacBook Pro, only my iMac.

Cheers

Darryn

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 21, 2012 - 6:35am

Darryn,

Ah, OK :-) I had it backwards.

So, not sure what would cause that. Are you running the latest OS and Aperture on both systems? There were issues with coming back from the plugins that was fixed a while ago, but I don’t think I’ve run into an issue where the wrong image is being sent to the plugin.

Here’s another thought… I don’t think this is your issue since you’re reporting it working on one Mac but not the other, but just in case, check this tip out (there’s a video at the end if you prefer to watch) Open in Editor or Plug-in… Again.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness