You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Breaking with old ideas #1
Inaki Baquedano's picture
by Inaki Baquedano
October 14, 2011 - 2:21am

I've been playing with Aperture for a while, I started several times with Aperture but after a while a got lost in the concept of where my stuff is and how I managed it.
What I want to expose here, is something that I look all over the internet with no crystal clear results, is how somebody stars importing a very old and large library, with a large chain of nested folders (places, events, family, clients, vacations…) into Aperture without getting confuse.
For me, the most difficult rule to imaging is, what's happening with my files, move, add, duplicated, export…I work many years with Bridge and the concept of making folders, move files o what ever, was very easy it was like doing the same that I been doing for years in the finder.
In Aperture when I want to import my entire library the program only sees the first line of folder and no pictures nested three, four o more levels down.
All the books, tutorials and forums only talk about start importing from a camera, flash drive o iPhoto, what happen with the old PS, Bridge people? I think that there's a lot of people out there that need some help, like me.
Thank you

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 18, 2011 - 9:22am

Inaki,

To import and honor all levels of a nested folder setup, go to Import > Folders as Projects….

Is that what you were looking for?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness