You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bruches drives me mad and takes forever #1
subsea's picture
by subsea
December 17, 2010 - 11:31am

Hi Foks
When I make adjustments using the brushes it takes some time for aperture to show the changes
If I restart the app it works fine for some time then it happens again.
I have the latest updates and I have tried to do both in Raw and Jpg with the same result’s
Have any one else experienced this
I use a 2009 Mac book pro with 4 gb ram and 500 GB HD and 240 free on the HD

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
December 17, 2010 - 8:42pm

Hi Henrik
I use a 2009 iMac, albeit with 8GB RAM. That way there’s very little paging to disk going on. However, looking at your problem, have you had a look at activity monitor to see which part of your system is being overloaded?

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 18, 2010 - 12:44am

Henrik,

You’re running into limitations of your graphics card. The laptops have smaller graphics cards than the desktop machines, so that’s part of the difference that you and David are seeing. Also you didn’t mention what size files you’re editing, and the larger the image, the harder the computer has to work. Finally, you also didn’t mention if you’ve tried different brush sizes. Aperture allows you to draw with a very large brush, which on a slower machine with a large file, can really slow things down. Try using a smaller brush size and see if that helps.

Also, zoom in to 100% (tap the z key) before applying the brush. That tends to speed things up as well, partially because you’re looking at just part of the image, and not the entire massive picture, at one time.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness