You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burning photos in Aperture 3 #1
MAURICE OROZCO's picture
by MAURICE OROZCO
December 9, 2010 - 8:16am

Hi guys, I am a new member and I never burned photos directly from Aperture … is there anyway to do this or should I use iPhoto ? Thank you for your advice.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 9, 2010 - 11:18am

Maurice,

Welcome to the forums. Do you mean that you wan to burn them to a CD/DVD? Is this for backup, or some other purpose?

There is no “burn” command in Aperture. If you want them on a CD or DVD, you’ll need to export the files and burn them to a disk manually. This is very simple in OS X, however you’ll need to know what file size you need first—determined by what you’ll be using the photos for.

Give us a little more info please and we’ll set you on the way.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

MAURICE OROZCO's picture
by MAURICE OROZCO
December 11, 2010 - 7:28am

Thanks Joseph. Thought Aperture had a feature to burn CD / DVD. Basically I would like to burn photos into a CD / DVD to print them out. Yesterday I was trying to burn them in iPhoto but did not let me burn into a CD but a DVD only. Do you know any other way?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 11, 2010 - 8:01am

Maurice,

Just export the files as you want them, and then in the Finder, when you insert a blank CD or DVD into your Mac, you’ll see it appear just like any other hard drive except that it’ll have a Burn button in the window. Copy the files to it, and click Burn… and that’s it!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

MAURICE OROZCO's picture
by MAURICE OROZCO
December 12, 2010 - 4:16am

Thank you Joseph. Very easy. You are right, don’t need to use iPhoto for this. Thank you so much.

Clarence Locke's picture
by Clarence Locke
January 13, 2011 - 6:05am

There is also the BurnToDisc plugin that simplifies the task even further, can automatically span multiple discs and provides some additional workflow features.

Try it free for 15 days. ApertureExpert.com members can get 20% off by using the coupon code APERTUREEXPERT during checkout.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 13, 2011 - 6:11am

Nice one Clerence, thanks! Fee free to write up a mini-tutorial along with your generous discount code on the User Tips section.

Thanks!
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?