You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Camera to iPad to Aperture #1
Travis Good's picture
by Travis Good
June 17, 2010 - 11:47pm

When traveling it would be great to travel with an iPad instead of my heavier MacBook Pro.
The simple version of this workflow is obvious but the nuances escape me.
Specifically, I’d love to tag and rate on import to the iPad rather than later into the MacBook.

Does anyone know how to rate and tag images on import to the iPad?
Broadly, what’s the most Aperture-friendly post production that can be done on the iPad?
More broadly still, does anyone have a workflow they’re particularly proud of and would share?

Thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 10, 2010 - 1:58am

Travis,

Believe it or not I still don’t have a camera connection kit. I’ve been traveling so much this summer that it’s difficult to order anything for delivery, and impossible to order anything that’s six weeks out. I keep walking into Apple Stores with a hope and a glimmer, but always come away disappointed.

To my knowledge there’s currently no professional level solution for capturing images on the iPad, rating and adding other critical metadata (i.e. copyright) and exporting. But let’s not forget that the biggest iPad is only 64GB, and for many pro shooters, it’s easy to exceed 64GB in a single shoot, so relying on the iPad to capture, edit and deliver is likely not a great option (for now).

It certainly has promise though, and when I do manage to get a camera connection kit, I’ll spend some time playing with it and coming up with some (hopefully interesting) workflows!

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

John Simpson's picture
by John Simpson
July 11, 2010 - 1:27pm

Take a look at the app Sort Shots. Link to short review at Adorama…

http://www.adorama.com/alc/article/iPad-Photography-App-Sort-Shots-Adora…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness