You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can I watch "Work Like A Pro" on my iPad? #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 13, 2011 - 7:59am

Hi Joseph, I bought your new course when it was on sale. I'd like to watch it on my iPad like I do with your Live Training videos, but even after downloading it I'm not seeing how to move it to iTunes so I can sync with my iPad. Is it even possible? TIA!

~Debbie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 13, 2011 - 8:04am

Debbie,

I haven’t actually downloaded the files myself (V2B built the final product, not me), so I can’t tell you what format they are in. However if you’ve loaded them into iTunes, and they will successfully play there, but will not sync to the iPad, you could try selecting the videos and choosing, in iTunes, menu Advance > Create iPad or Apple TV version. Try one first and see what happens.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 13, 2011 - 8:17am

No, that’s not the issue. I convert videos regularly in iTunes for various devices. The problem is the course looks like an app after it’s downloaded, and I have to click on it to open it like I would any other app, so I can’t move it into iTunes. I’m bummed because I like to watch all tutorial videos on my iPad.

~Debbie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 13, 2011 - 8:19am

Hm, OK… lemme download it myself and see. I suppose I should anyway ;-)

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

Kathryn W.'s picture
by Kathryn W.
July 13, 2011 - 8:22am

Debbie,

Also, don’t forget to select them in the Movies tab on the iPad when you’ve connected your iPad for syncing. You have to have Sync Movies checked and then check mark those sessions you want to import to your iPad.

That being said, I was able to import all of the sessions except for No. 5, which it didn’t seem to like for some reason that I have yet to figure out. I’ll try Joseph’s suggestion and see what happens.

Kathryn

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 13, 2011 - 8:35am

Debbie,

Hey, that’s a cool interface! hehe I hadn’t looked at the downloadable version yet, neat!

OK so you have to dig into the folders there to find the actual movie files, but they are .mp4 files so should play on the iPad just fine. Kathryn said she got them installed on hers, so it appears to work.

Here’s the files and enclosing folder you’re looking for… [screenshot].

@PhotoJoseph

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
July 13, 2011 - 10:49am

Hi Kathryn, I know how to do all of that as I have tons of movies synced to my iPad from iTunes.  I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing here.  Are you talking about Joseph’s Live Training Sessions?  I have all of those in iTunes already and synced to my iPad.  What I was asking about is his new course just released over the 4th of July weekend.  Thanks for chiming in though! :)

Thanks, Joseph! I’ll give that a try as soon as I get back on my iMac. I knew there had to be a way. You’re right, it’s a very cool interface. Congrats on the new course! I really like it so far and I’m not even a Pro. ;)

~Debbie

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness