You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cannot find my album #1
Peter's picture
by Peter
May 15, 2015 - 10:49pm

I migrated my Aperture library several weeks ago and now I noticed that I miss some parts of my Aperture folder structure.

In Aperture I had folders for years and then projects inside that folders.

Most of it migrated to Photos into folders and albums. But I miss the years 2013 and 2014. I don’t know if they were there and I accidentaly deleted them.

But the curious thing is that when I search for an album from 2013, I do find the album with the pictures in it. I just don’t have a clue where it is in the photos folder structure!

I browsed it manually and can’t find anything from the 2 years, but searching gives all the results.

Any ideas????

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 23, 2015 - 7:15pm

Hmm, if you search for the folder name, i.e. “2013”, you should see any albums that match the name, like in the screenshot below.

But that doesn't reveal the location in the sidebar. There doesn't seem to be a way to show that itself. It must be in there though. How odd! Wish I had a better thing to tell you…

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Philippe's picture
by Philippe
September 22, 2015 - 7:22am

Are you sure they’re not in the “iPhoto Events” folder? Some folks seem to miss that when they can’t find a Project or Album…

Peter's picture
by Peter
September 23, 2015 - 7:51am

I think something was wrong with my library.
Some weeks ago I noticed that the albums appeared in the side panel. Not in the right place, but the albums were there.
Also Photos sometimes shows the total number of albums at the right side of the screen. From the start it displayed something like $2H2 Album. That is fixed as well.
Unfortunately I don’t know wether Apple fixed something in the cloud or my Macbook did the job during one of the several multi-day reorganizing sessions it had.
I will wait to see how mature Photos is in El Capitan. When I make the final switch from Aperture I will probably reorganize and re-import.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness